- Opportunity to put name on a totally different event and experience
- Is an event-marketing and/or special-event option
- Extends to broader user-groups, including internet audiences, fanning into different markets
- Provides all attendees—visitors, residents, sponsors, businesses and community leaders an avenue to engage each other, as well as interact with innovative cultural forms
- Complements, does not compete with surrounding activities
- 80% of funds raised are allocated towards artworks and Research and Development of new technologies
- Approximate funding breakdown of program:
- 50% of funds raised are from private sector
- 25% from public funds (City of Tampa) and federal grants (NEA)
- 25% from in-kind contributions
Feedback from past Lights On Tampa events
I just wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you how much we enjoyed Lights On Tampa – it was cool! My husband and I took the kinds – Colin (8), Olivia (5) and Noah (3 ½ ) and our niece Lily, who is 7. They were really into it. We were looking into the projection boxes at the garage wondering how the artist was able to project the images onto the entire garage wall….As we were walking from the Garage to the Convention Center, my niece shrieked “This is so cool! It’s like were in NEW YORK CITY!” We also loved the disco scene at the Convention Center – the music and disco balls were so fun! Noah, our youngest, was really groovin’ to the music!
Congrats on the successful launch of Lights On Tampa. I was downtown Saturday night to view the installations and was thrilled to see such a great turnout! I can’t decide which is my favorite!
I love, love, love this year’s installations. I’ve been promoting it to my friends and family like crazy. Nice work.